I’m not the biggest fan of carrots in general but I did invent this one dish that I love and I’m stoked to share it with you because it’s super easy and it makes carrots exciting to eat all by themselves.
I would also like to take a minute to thank myself for putting all of these recipes in a blog. I cook for myself almost everyday and I used to NEVER write what I did down so it meant that sometimes I had a really hard time recreating something that was really good. Hopefully I’m not the only one who finds all of this useful but if I am it’s pretty freakin’ cool!
- 1 bunch of carrots (about 6 medium sized), trimmed and peeled
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric
- Olive oil
- Grate carrots and set aside.
- Over medium heat in a medium saute pan heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Add the mustard and coriander seeds. Heat until fragrant and sizzling.
- Add the shallots and saute until starting to caramelize.
- Add tumeric and stir for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add grated carrots to saute pan and sprinkle with salt. Cook until carrots are softened slightly.
- Serve warm.