I sorta felt like I was overdoing the peach thing especially since they were kinda the same prep for the pork but whatever. Everyone was happy because you can never have too many hand picked, ripe, in season peaches in the summer.
I tried to mix it up a little by chopping the peaches instead of slicing. That makes it new a different right?!!?
Thrown in a pot with brown sugar, lemon zest and….
Bourbon! I figured the addition of this fun secret ingredient would definitely make dessert peaches feel different than the main course peaches.
I let the peaches cool a little and then put a scoop in the bottom of each bowl.
I didn’t wait in the long line for that Bi Rite ice cream but I did pick up a pint of it from the grocery. I put a big scoop of Bi Rite creamery ice cream on top of those bourbony peaches and savored the end of a very good meal.
- 3 large peaches halved, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 three inch strips of lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons of bourbon
- In a small saucepan, combine fruit, brown sugar, pinch of salt, lemon zest, and bourbon.
- Cook over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until fruit is soft, 8 to 12 minutes, less for very ripe fruit.