I think I’ve mentioned that I’m not a huge fan of carrots but apparently Farm Box is because I get them almost every freaking time. One of the few ways to prepare carrots that excites me is glazed in a sweet savory butter glaze. I had a bunch of oranges in this haul so I found a recipe that used the sweetness of the citrus and lots of butter to accomplish this same goal. I served it to a friend for dinner and there was none left so I know I’m not the only one who likes this combination.
Even though carrots aren’t my favorite I love the challenge of finding ways to enjoy them and I especially love when other people enjoy it with me.
- 1 pound of carrots
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Cut tops off of carrots, scrub and peel. Then cut them in half and then into quarters so that they are all more or less uniform in shape and size.
- Place carrots in a shallow saucepan, and cover with water. Boil until tender. Drain, and return carrots to pan.
- Pour orange juice over carrots, and mix well. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, butter, and salt. Heat until butter and sugar melt. Serve warm.