This cranberry relish is as amazing as it is simple. It’s one of the easiest things in the world to make and it is also one of the things that people go nuts over. My mom would make this every year for Thanksgiving and I absolutely have to have it as part of my Thanksgiving every year. Thanksgiving doesn’t taste like Thanksgiving to me without it.
I served this at my Friendsgiving dinner and it was a hit! People were raving about it and eating it by the spoonfuls! I’m so glad the recipe makes a lot because otherwise there wouldn’t have been any left for my precious leftovers. Leftovers need cranberry relish too!!!! Oh and why is this world famous? Because I’ve made it for so many people, some of whom are from other countries, and because my sister-in-law used this recipe for an Intermix article last year. Famous!!
- 1 bag of fresh raw cranberries (about 3 cups)
- 1 whole orange, quartered and seeded (get the seedless kind if you can, I used satsuma)
- 1 cup of sugar
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Put in fridge for at least an hour. Otherwise the sugar won’t dissolve and it’ll be sorta crunchy which is just wrong.
- Serve alongside your Thanksgiving favorites.