I had to use up the grapes but I was running out of time so I figured… more soda!!! After I made that Peach Soda I knew I was going to be making more flavors. This grape soda was nothing like the purple canned variety I would drink as a kid. But the fermented grape juice did sort of remind me of non-alcoholic champagne so of course I served it in champagne glasses. I am having so much fun with this soda making!!
Adapted from Fermented Peach Soda
- Juice from 1 bunch of grapes
- 1/8 teaspoon of baker’s yeast
- 1 liter plastic bottle, clean
- You can put the grapes in a juicer and collect the juice, or put them through a blender or food processor with 1/2 cup of water and then strain the pulp out.
- Put the yeast in the bottom of the bottle and then pour in the juice. Fill the bottle the rest of the way with water and tightly seal it. Grapes have a ton of sugar so you shouldn’t need to add any for this one.
- Put it in your cupboard or pantry, somewhere cool where it won’t be in direct sunlight.
- Wait 24 to 48 hours and then VERY SLOWLY, over a sink while wearing an apron, open the bottle. You will have sweet delicious bubbles.