My friend Rachel, who was at the dinner party, suggested this recipe for the peaches and I wasn’t sold on it but it was simple and involved grilling the peaches so I went for it. It was one of the most amazing things I’ve ever eaten. It tasted like a little slice of warm cobbler with cream on top. I love it when food transcends it’s elements and preparation. This was so good and there was not one peach leftover.
This is how you cut peaches in half. You slice them all the way around, making sure to come into contact with the pit. Then you hold each half in each hand and twist and they should magically come apart. Then you can scoop out the pit with a teaspoon measure or a small spoon. There might be some that won’t work. This does happen and if it does you can just cut around the peach pit.
Just a few minutes on the grill until they were nice and soft and heated through.
Then just a little scoop of mascarpone in the center of each peach half. If they are really hot the mascarpone will start to melt so let them cool just a little.
Then drizzle a little honey on top of the mascarpone and top with almond slices. You’re welcome.
- 5-6 ripe peaches or other stone fruit
- 1 8 oz. package of marscapone cheese
- Sliced almonds
- Wash the outside of peaches to remove fuzz.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits.
- Put peaches, cut side down, on a medium heat grill and cook until they are soft and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove peaches from grill and place them on plates with the cut side up and top with a tablespoon of marscapone. Drizzle honey on top of the cheese and then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Serve warm.