I’ve made many different versions of this salad. It’s a great standby to have in your repertoire because people almost always like it and the ingredients are pretty easy to find. It’s also a pretty easy dish to make so great for beginners.
You literally just chop the ingredients up and put it in a bowl and then put some olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper on top, stir it up and you’ve got an amazing salad.
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch of parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped kalamata olives
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the juice of one lemon, a drizzle of olive oil, and some fresh ground pepper.
- Toss and taste. Add more salt (it depends on how salty your olives and cheese are), lemon juice, olive oil, or pepper if needed.