This has to be one of the easiest dressings I’ve ever made. It is three ingredients and it is amazing. I was introduced to this dressing by my friend Rachel Rogers. Her aunt taught her how to make this dressing and after eating an amazing salad at her house dressed with this dressing I convinced her to share the recipe with me. Imagine my delight and surprise when I found out how freaking simple it is to make.
The two main ingredients in this dressing are Dijon mustard and olive oil. Because it’s really that simple I strongly encourage you to use the best ingredients you can. This 36 Degrees Olive Oil is my new fave finishing oil. It has the most delicious olive flavor and is silky smooth. I met the owners at Artisanal LA and I love knowing that I’m supporting local growers and a local product. It’s made in Paso Robles, CA, which is close to me so I’m hoping I can make field trip up there to see the sun-soaked, south-facing hillside where the olives are grown. Until then I will enjoy the shit out of this olive oil.
I love this dressing on salads, steamed veggies, grilled veggies or sandwiches. So get your hands on the best oil you possibly can and whip some up… literally.
Serves Makes about 1/4 cup
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup of high quality olive oil
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice and Dijon mustard. If you don’t have a tiny whisk then you can use a fork.
- Then slowly drizzle in the olive oil about 1 Tablespoon at a time and whisk vigorously between each addition making sure the dressing is smooth and the mustard and oil are well combined.
- Drizzle over salads and other veggies and enjoy!